Please see below for some useful links.
- Arboricultural Association Promotes care and knowledge of trees in the UK
- British Geological Survey The BGS provides expert services and impartial advice in all areas of geoscience
- Communities & Local Government Government Department responsible for planning policy and building regulations in England.
- The Dendrologist Supporting all tree interested individuals and groups with tree news
- Defra UK government department responsible for policy and regulations on the environment, food and rural affairs.
- Forestry Commission Government department responsible for protection and expansion of Britain’s forests and woodlands.
- Health & Safety Executive Information about health & safety at work
- Institute of Chartered Foresters Professional body for foresters and arboriculturists in the United Kingdom
- Natural England An independent public body who aim to protect and improve England’s natural environment
- Planning Portal Government gateway to planning information throughout the UK
- Royal Forestry Society An educational charity dedicated to promoting the wise management of trees and woods.
- Royal Horticultural Society The UK’s leading garden charity
- Tree Advice Independent and impartial advice for the public and the arboricultural profession.
- Tree Council Promotes the planting and conservation of trees and woods.
- Tree Register A unique record of ancient and notable trees in Britain and Ireland
- Treesource Bookshop specialising in books of interest to tree care professionals and enthusiasts.
- Woodland Trust The UK’s leading woodland conservation charity
- Veteran Tree Forum Information on ecology, management and conservation of veteran trees.
Tree Preservation Orders
Development Site Consultancy
Management & Insurance Reports
Public Inquiries/Informal Hearings
Trees contribute significantly to our environment and provide a variety of benefits to our well being, however it is recommended that the health, condition and safety of trees are checked on a regular basis. Sylva’s tree consultant can advise you on all arboricultural queries. Sylva Consultancy promotes best practice and are able to undertake a variety of tree survey reports in relation to health & safety matters. We are also able to satisfy mortgage and insurance suppliers in regard to the risk that nearby trees may present, when buying, re-mortgaging, or re-insuring a house. Advice concerning tree preservation orders is also available.
Please contact Sylva’s tree consultant in Oxford for further information. email or call on 01865 872 945.